About the Game
About the Game
Retro Studios and Nintendo present the fifth instalment in their critically Donkey Kong Country series and Donkey Kong’s first debut on the Nintendo Switch – Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Switch ! This side-scroller adventure platformer is the direct sequel to the 2010 Wii game Donkey Kong Country Returns. Save Donkey Kong Island from Arctic invaders, the Snowmads, that turned this sunny haven into a frozen fortress. Roll, jump, swing, and climb your way through the map with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze !
Join Donkey Kong
Lord Fredrik attacks Donkey Kong’s island as he is celebrating his birthday with the other Kongs. Traverse 7 different icy islands packed with non-stop action as the titular character himself! Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Steam might prove to be a challenge, but don’t worry. To make your journey easier, you can team up with another in-game companion or grab a friend and play in co-op mode with:
- • Diddy Kong. Cross large gaps with his iconic barrel jet pack.
- • Dixie Kong. Fly up to out-of-reach platforms with her ponytail that spins like a propeller.
- • Cranky Kong. Bounce around with his cane on dangerous surfaces without taking damage, reach higher areas, and defeat enemies that even the other Kongs can’t beat.
The game was originally released for the Wii U console in 2014. Now that it has come to Switch, Nintendo made sure that players get the best experience possible by bringing changes to gameplay mechanics. Donkey Kong Island: Tropical Freeze Switch includes:
- • New game modes, such as Funky Mode.
- • New main-character option – Funky Kong.
- • Time Attack Mode which features online leaderboards.
- • Ability to grab items or enemies and throw them.
- • Customizable controls.
- • Cheap Donkey Kong Island: Tropical Freeze price.